A thrilling duathlon around the famous Oulton Park race track. There will be both a sprint race and a standard distance race. **Sprint distance is a qualifying event for the 2018 ITU World Championships** Drafting is permitted in the sprint distance race only. No drafting in the standard distance.
To learn more about draft legal rules click here
Novice entries are very welcome.
Sprint - run 1 lap, cycle 5 laps, run 1 lap
Standard - run 2 laps, cycle 9 laps, run 1 lap
We shall have lap counting technology in place to ensure that all competitors complete the correct number of laps.
The race will start on the starting grid and transition will be in the pits for both races. All finishers receive a fantastic medal and free event photos available for downloading and printing up to A4 size.
Event Details in Full
- Oulton Park
- Event Date
- Event Closing Date
- Event Type
- Event Cost
- Team Event Cost
- Event Type
- Part Of Series
- Suitable For Novices
- Suitable For Elites
- Open To Ages
- Competitors must be 16 yrs+ at the time of competing
- Max no. of competitors
- Cycle Distance
- 38.8km Standard 21.6km Sprint
- Run Distance
- Run 1: 8.6km Standard 4.3km Sprint: Run 2: 4.3km for both
- Start Time
- 10:00am Sprint; 13:00 Standard
- Post-race massage
- Spectators Welcome
- Market Place Stalls
- Prize Categories
- Overall winners (male and female). Male and female age groups. Relay team prize. Club prize (first 3 athletes from the same club).
- Course Records
- Standard Male: Matt Moorhouse 2012, Athlete Matters 01:36:33 Female: Danielle Stewart, Team Coventry Cycle Centre, 2009, 01:55:26 Sprint: Male Ian Lawton 2014 1:00:25; Female Sian Edwards 2013 1:09:11
- Website Results
- Dogs Allowed